Prior to the appointment:
- You must wait at least three (3) months after major breast surgery, chemotherapy or radiation before a thermal exam.
- You must wait at least one (1) month after a biopsy or minor surgery before a thermal exam.
- Lactation: Imaging is recommended if there is a problem or concern, but a baseline is not recommended for at least 3 months after the last active breastfeeding.
24 Hours Prior:
- Avoid vigorous exercise or heavy physical activity.
- No massage, lymph treatments or facials.
- No chiropractic adjustments.
- No steam bath, sun bath or hot tub.
- No hot or cold packs.
- Avoid alcohol
Day of Exam:
- Avoid heavy makeup. Any oil-based products on the body will affect accurate detection.
- Avoid deodorant, creams or lotions on the skin, especially oils.
- Absolutely no heat lamps or sunburn. You will have to reschedule.
- Do not shave the area to be imaged.
- For head imaging, do not eat for at least 2 hours before imaging.
- No hot beverages or cigarettes for at least 2 hours before imaging.
- Avoid A/C in the car blowing directly on you. It takes hours for the body to equilibrate. Same for heaters in the winter.
- Must remove all jewelry in the area to be imaged. Long hair should be worn up or pulled back off your shoulders prior to being imaged.
- For your comfort, we recommend you wear loose fitting garments on the day of exam. If you are having a breast scan please do not wear a Bra to the exam. You may bring it with you to wear after the exam. You will be asked to disrobe according to the type of scan chosen. A gown will be available should an instance arise where one may be needed.
You are welcome to bring a companion or partner to be present at the examination.
Please select a scan service you are having and print/complete the appropriate form:
Forms (Region of Interest Scan):
Forms (Comprehensive Scan):
HIPAA Authorization form to be completed prior to appointment: